It all started in 1994, for many months I was ill, dizzy all the time and nauseated. I had many tests run on me during that time, including a cat scan and blood work. My doctor had no idea why I was ill. I had to stop working because I couldn't function. Day by day things got more difficult for me health-wise. I tried herbs, reflexology (I've done this since 1979), did many cleanses from Hulda Clark's Cure for All Cancers and tried everything I knew to try. Unfortunately, I did not get better, I got worse.
One day, six months later, my husband came home from work and immediately got a bad headache. He became suspicious, went out to the garage and brought in a carbon monoxide detector. The thing went nuts the second it came in the door! He found out that the roofers had dropped a piece of shingle in the flue of the hot water heater vent pipe! He removed the shingle. It took time but the carbon monoxide went away. Now we made sure to put a carbon monoxide detector in our home, but it was much too late for me.
It took several years, and a move to another home, for me to get better. My sense of smell had changed to the point I can't get near perfumes or gasoline without intense agony. Little by little I have changed my diet and stopped using most chemicals. I used special detoxifying soaks from DNR Inc. which helped tremendously! I haven't used antiperspirant in over a fourteen years because the aluminum bothered me, I had the metal fillings in my teeth removed because I was sick from the mercury. It's like the carbon monoxide overloaded my sensory perception and made me hyper sensitive to metals and chemicals. I changed many of my habits towards all natural and less chemical. I began using more vinegar and baking soda, food grade peroxide and bleach for cleaning. Using less and less chemicals.
I switched to activated charcoal soap to help detoxify and purify my skin and body. Making several different ones for variety. Soap making began to be a part of my life in a big way. It became a platform to help people with their skin issues as well as put to use all my knowledge of herbs. It was even a way for me to express myself artistically! As time has gone by I have begun a serious business called MJR Soaps. The sky is the limit! My family makes requests and I do my best to come up with viable solutions. Whatever people need I do my best to provide. It is fun and satisfying when someone tells me how much my products have helped them! I currently make my own laundry soap, dish soap, liquid soaps, lotions, underarm deodorant, bath products, balms, creams and more.
If you'd like to check out the soaps I currently have just click on a link for Etsy or Ebay. I sell soap as people ask about it and have a few places who sell it on consignment. During the summer and fall we go to Farmer's Markets and Craft Shows. I regularly post my soap pictures on Pinterest and Facebook as well. What started as a way to have my own charcoal soap has blossomed into a full line of products to bless my family, friends. Plus it's a great way to make new friends!
My youngest daughter got me into using Norwex products to further reduce the need for chemicals. I use their make-up remover cloth every night before I use my soap-it takes the waterproof mascara right off as well as my 24 hour lip stick! Make up is one area I have not found a way to be completely natural. I use better brands and use my own moisturizer underneath instead of any foundation which helps protect my skin from the environment.
It's been many years since I was carbon monoxide poisoned but with God's grace and mercy I have gotten better. Today I only have issues with gasoline and a few chemicals. I'm thankful for my husband, family and friends as they have stood by me all these years.
If you ever have questions or need something special for your skin please email me and I will do my best to help in any way I can! God Bless!
Natural hand crafted soap is good for your skin and has none of the chemical associated with commercial soaps. The natural glycerin is left in the soap so you get all the benefits!